Friday, July 3, 2009

A fanboy's dream summer...so far...



So, I went to go see "Transformers 2: Revenge of The Fallen" (again) this evening at the Movie Tavern. That makes three times in less than one week for me. Needless to say, I enjoyed the movie. In fact, I thought that it was MUCH better than the first movie.
While it was a little long (around 2 1/2 hours), there wasn't any noticeable lag as there usually is for longer movies. I really liked the introduction of "The Fallen" and the resurrection of Megatron. (Honestly, you can't have a Transformers movie without Megatron or Optimus Prime) I also liked getting to hear the conniving Starscream speak for the first time in the movies. Didn't like him calling Megatron "master", though. From what I remember of Starscream, there is no way (at all) that he would call ANYONE master.

The fight scenes were brutal and Megan Fox was HOT. Being in the Transformer movies has made her something of a fanboy fantasy.

Speaking of fanboy fantasies....

I hope Sienna Miller knows what she is in for. I mean, pulling off the Baroness in the "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" movie has put her in the upper class of women that fanboys are currently fawning over. I hope that she is willing to go to the numerous conventions that will be begging for her appearance.

Upon appearing at said conventions, I hope that she is prepared for the fanboy crush that will (inevitably) happen. The battle of the dueling G.I. Joe movie posters. First, there is the Baroness (Sienna Miller) version. Very, VERY nice. Might I say that she has some nice assets...
Then there is the Scarlett (Rachel Nichols) offering. Yummers...
Being a sucker for redheads, I am having difficulty over which one I find hotter.

Scarlett or Baroness??? Glasses or Redhead??? Hmmmm...That's a tough one...


Tooling around on a Saturday morning, I came across "Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight". I found it to be surprisingly good in a cheesy super sentai show kind of way. Later on that afternoon, I went over to fellow OtaKrew member (and HUGE super sentai fan) Card's home to help him organize his comics. What an undertaking that was!!! Man, Card has A LOT of comics....

Happy 4th, everyone!!!

p.s. RIP, MJ...

DECULTURE!!!




No comments: