Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My B-day wish...

So, my birthday is coming up at the end of this month and I already know what bit of otakuness that I am either hoping to find or get from my OtaKrew friends.

My favorite anime of the past 5 years or so is a show brought to us by the good folks from Gainax called "Gurren Lagann". Great show featuring great characters with a great ending. Did I mention that I think that Gurren Lagann is great?? Anywho, my birfday wish is to get the Revoltech Fraulein figure of Yoko. Cute, isn't she? Yoko is the character who is going to take Cutie Honey's place as my favorite anime heroine. She is Team Dai Gurren Lagann's sniper and a very engaging character. Yoko is not a damsel in distress type of character. No, in fact she isn't afraid to kick a little ass from time to time.

If I can get this figure, it will be a good birthday for the 'ol buffalostyle.

As for the anime, we are watching this show on Monday's at the OtaKrew forum. Now, a few words on just what this "OtaKrew forum" is. The forum was something that was born at our old anime shop "Buy Me Anime" that took place every Monday night. We would take a bunch of shows that we wanted to share with the group. Whether they were fansubs or shows that already had a domestic release, it didn't really matter. We would watch them. We have watched shows like Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny, Godannar, Elfin Leid, Gunbuster, Hellsing Ultimate, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Ah! My Goddess, Genshiken, Zeta Gundam, Zeta Gundam trilogy, Live-Action Sailor Moon, Macross Frontier, Samurai Champloo, Fighting Spirit, Naruto, Black Lagoon, Appleseed, re: Cutie Honey and more. Looking at this list, you can see we watch everything.
Right now, we are watching Koutetsushin Jeeg which is a giant robot show inspired from, my man, Go Nagai's manga. Good stuff. We just finished Macross Frontier and we are thinking of adding Macross 7 as a replacement. You can NEVER have too much Macross in my opinion.I LOVE the mecha from Macross in general so, it stands to reason that I am salivating over the new VF-25 toy from Bandai coming out in December.This picture is courtesy HobbyLink Japan.

Aint this toy DAMN SEXY??? This is the VF-25F Messiah (Alto custom) from Macross Frontier. It is a 1/60 scale that is fully transformable from fighter to gerwalk to battroid. And it can be yours for a mere $120 (approx.)

Le sigh...

No comments: