Thursday, October 2, 2008

Greetings, fellow 'otaku'...

I am the otaku known as buffalostyle and this is my blog...

I've been a fan of anime for many, many years (I'm NOT a noob) and my interests are all over the place. Lemme see... I LOVE mecha, vampires, action, comedy and fanservice. As I post more blogs in the future, I will write about my collection and what I am doing in my collector-dom. There will be pics of any new acquisitions and things that I see and like from other sites (they will get props of course). Cons. I love going to cons and I will post pics of me and my peeps at the cons that we will travel to.

Case in point, last month from September 11th through the 14th, I went to Colorado's major anime con (some would say Colorado's major con, period) Nan Desu Kan (aka: NDK). As a convention, NDK has grown by leaps and bounds over the years that I have been in attendance (consecutively since 2002) and I am happy to say it regained the excitement that was lost last year. In fact, most people that I have spoken to since NDK agree with me when I say that it was the most fun NDK in quite a while.

One of the neat things for me was when we got to meet the Yun(e)'s from Robotech.com/Harmony Gold. We spent a lot of time in Robotech-related panels and my friends and I (OtaKrew 2.0) represented as judges for the "Robot Rumble" in which Skull Leader won over Lion Voltron. Honestly, I don't know how Skull Leader made it to the finals. I actually thought that he would get knocked out by Mahoro. Hey, Roy Fokker is a ladies man and Mahoro is...a lady. A robot lady... but a lady nonetheless.


Hooray for toys!!! First, toys from Zor Master's booth and second, toys from the Macross panel. (You know, I must really like Macross as this panel took place at 10am on Saturday. 10am!!! Usually I'm DEEP in REM sleep at 10am on a Saturday at NDK. Blame that to sitting up till 4am watching "Sexy Taxi"....but I digress)
Here is a pic of me kickin' it with Tommy Yune and Steve Yun. They were pretty cool. Steve was the moderator of the "Robot Rumble". He said that there were 4 mechs that he is thinking of retiring from the rumble as one of the 4 usually win the contest. Still, I was surprised to see Skull Leader in the finals....

No comments: