Monday, April 19, 2010

R.I.P. Carl Macek (1951-2010)



The plan was to write about StarFest and how much fun it was and yadda, yadda, yadda...but, the news of Carl Macek's passing made that a moot point.The shockwave hit the Robotech fandom pretty hard late Sunday night as news of his passing spread like wildfire.

I know that Carl Macek was a very polarizing figure in Robotech/Macross fandoms (heck, anime fandom in general) and you can say what you will but MANY American anime fans owe their fandom to Carl Macek and his baby, Robotech.
With the Krew going to ComiCon in San Diego this July, I was really looking forward to seeing several of my fanboy favorites. Carl Macek was on my short-list of people that I wanted to meet.
What a loss...however, his legacy will endure.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Macek family, his friends and his extended family...





No comments: