Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm pretty impatient...

Initially, the plan was to pick up the MPC Alphas when I hit Comic-Con. Pfft...Yeah, right...me being who I am, there was honestly no way that I was going to wait that long.


I got my MPC VFA-6ZX (Maia) just recently and I must say that I am quite pleased with my purchase. There has been a lot of chatter on Robotech-related sites about the Alphas and their poor quality. As it is, the only issue that I have with my Maia Alpha is a small gap on the left wing.
Speaking with Tommy Yune at NDK last year about the first release of the Maia Alphas, I really looked forward to seeing what they did with the re-released version 2.
We were told that the mold was going to be re-made and that the paint job was to be re-done as well.

Upon opening my Maia, the first thing that I noticed is that it looked as though the previous issues with the paint job had been corrected. No smudges!!! As for the mold, I didn't get the first version so I didn't really have anything to compare this one to. Having said that, I know a solid toy when I see one and, thankfully, I had one in my greedy hands.The joints were solid and the toy had good balance. I'm really looking forward to the Marcus Rash MPC Alpha. Hopefully, we don't have to wait too long for it.

Something that I got for Christmas last year was this VR-052F from Mospeada (MegaHouse). It was probably the crown jewel from Christmas for me.

It was kind of a pain to transform, though...
What I will be looking for during con season is Yellow's VR-041 which is also from MegaHouse.
This will probably take the place of the Alphas as the much sought-after toy (along with a Beta) at Comic-Con, for me.
I really like this particular mech as it was, actually, my favorite Mospeada on the show. Plus, it was the mech used by my favorite character Yellow Belmont. (Gotta love those cross-dressing bishonen singers, LOL)

Something that I have really enjoyed on the comic book front has been X-Force and the Necrosha X event.
One of the neat things has been the variant covers like the above cover parodying "Interview With A Vampire". Makes sense, no?
I have always liked Selene the Black Witch and felt that she should be featured more. Probably has something to do with my vampire kick. Honestly, though, she probably works best in small doses. Anywho, the story is basically about Selene having millions of dead mutants come back to life in order to use their power to make her a goddess. So far this event has been good but then, X-Force has been something of a personal fave of mine ever since it's re-launch.

Speaking about kicks.
This movie was a VERY pleasant surprise for me. Michael Jai White stars as Black Dynamite a man who, as the title says, is 50% supercool, 50% Kung-Fu and 100% Dynamite!!! You know, if you have a love of spoofs, you have got to see this movie. Blaxploitation has NEVER been done this well...

Forum Watchin': We have been watching the final Inu Yasha arc for a while and it finally came to an end, for us, just this past Monday. While the ending was predictable it was what we have come to expect from a Rumiko Takahashi manga/anime and as someone who has been watching/reading Inu Yasha religiously for years, I (personally) was VERY happy with it. People ended up with who they were supposed to end up with...but...the biggest question was, "Where will Kagome and Inu Yasha end up"? Of course, we are still getting the manga from VIZ (currently at volume 46 out of 56) so my Inu Yasha journey is not over just yet. Then there's the DVD release....

StarFest (and ComicFest for that matter) are just over two weeks away...Here we Go!!!


DECULTURE!!!





No comments: