Saturday, September 5, 2009

On tap...MY con...NDK!!!


Well, it's just about that time of year ...NDK time!!!

You know, I love this con as I have had the opportunity to see it grow from the small time to the mid-sized time as far as attendance is concerned. Last year, we were visited by the fellas from the Robotech Tour.
Here is Tommy Yune and Steve Yun kickin' it with Madarame from the OtaKrew. I really need to get Tommy to sign some things for me this year.
Some of the toys on display at Zormaster's booth. These are the Masterpiece Collection Alpha Fighters that I currently covet.
TaaDaa!!! What I have (so far) of the Masterpiece Collection. These are actually in my library at home.
On the cover of the August issue of Hobby Japan resides the one thing that I will be looking high and low for at con this year....the VF-25 Messiah Valkrie from Macross Frontier. This just so happens to be a TRANSFORMABLE model kit from the good folks at Bandai. Ah, yes, I am in love....

Check out my Skull One from Yamato. I LOVE these figures as they are mostly die-cast but the problem that I do have with them is that the joints are a little weak.Yamato side by side with my Revoltech Skull One. Picked up quite a few Revoltech figures at NDK last year. I am going to try REALLY hard to stay away from them this year.
....except for that Yoko that I have had my eyes on....
Speaking of Revoltech figures....
I really like this Haruhi even though I have never really watched the show...

Another thing that I must try to keep away from...GASHAPONS!!!

These things are like CRACK to me and I have told my friends to keep them away from me however, after seeing these Macross F toys, I just may break my own strict rule of NOT buying them.

Last but not least...(photo courtesy Collection DX)
This knockout figure of Sheryl Nome from the good folks at Banpresto is probably going to be another thing that I will need to walk away from NDK with....le sigh...

Anywho, the OtaKrew represented at the Starz Movie Complex in Denver a few weeks ago when we went to see "Evangelion 1.0: You Are Not Alone".

I must say that I was quite pleased with the movie. VERY good. Except for Madarame talking throughout the movie, it was very enjoyable. I had, honestly, forgotten how much I LOVE Eva...

If you are ever driving around Denver......and you happen to see an Exterra with a NERV parking pass on it, you will have just seen the Buffstyle-mobile...

Looking back on this summer's movies that I went to see, I tally up how many times I saw this or that. At the top of the list was "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" with 3 showings.You know, I think some of the reason that I saw G.I. Joe so much was because of Scarlett....Do you really blame me, though?

The other movie that I saw 3 times was "Star Trek"...Yeah, I'm an unabashed Trekkie and I endorse this movie....

Just went to see "Inglourious Basterds" the other day...
I LOVE Quentin Taratino's movies so it was pretty much a given that I was going to check this one out. Gotta say that this movie cracked me up. While it was a little long, it was still an enjoyable time. All of the Tarantino-isms were there and Brad Pitt continues to solidify his spot as my favorite current actor.


Look out Dealer's Room....I'm comin' for YOU....

DECULTURE!!!




No comments: